As I thought, I had a limited window for sewing this weekend just due to life. However, I did get my TNT pattern altered for my version of the SF dress but that's all I did...because the pattern alterations were pretty time consuming.
I basically started from scratch for this dress - using only the wrap fronts from the original dress. For everything else I traced and added seam allowances to come up with new pattern pieces.
Here is the list of pattern pieces traced:
~ a back piece with a 5/8" seam allowance added
~ front and back band pieces again with seam allowances added
~ skirt front and back pieces - adding a 1/2" to the side seams
~ the drape for the skirt front
Now the drape for the front of the dress is where I'm most unsure...it looks like it should work but who knows if it will in the actual construction. You may wonder why I'm being brief with these pattern changes and it's basically because I just traced sections of my TNT pattern and added the 5/8" seam allowances. There was no great mystery to this...just trace and cut. If the drape works - I will go into additional details...if it doesn't, I'll just lose it because that part doesn't intrigue me as much as the v-neckline, the banded middle and the fabrication.
I've no plans for this weekend and a hankering to get started on this...so look for updates soon.
...as always, more later!