This has actually been worn already. I came home from work Tuesday night, looked at it and realized that it had about 90 mins of work left on it...so I sat down and finished it...then wore it to work on Wednesday.
silk blend houndstooth suiting fabric - I think this came from the great fabric divestation that Marji did before she boarded the boat
black bemberg rayon lining
22" invisible zipper
1" black lace for the lining hem
rayon seam binding for the dress hem
2" black ribbon
Some construction notes:
*I used the ribbon to break up the pattern on the front of the dress. It looked like one humongous plaid without something to give it definition, and I knew I would look like one big ole black 'n white square...not an attractive look for a plus size chick.
*I added black satin piping to the neckline...again to add some definition to the fabric. It finishes off the neckline and gives the eye a stopping point.
*The dress is lined...with black lace added to the hemline.
...and that's all of the construction notes, because it's another dress made from my TNT pattern and making it up now is so automatic that I think I tried it on right before I sewed up the hem. Now that's a good TNT pattern!
So a couple more pics...
...dress with cardigan...
...one of me and the Little Prince...
I do have to run a few errands today and after that my plan is to spend time with my sewing machine. I can tell it's the beginning a new season because my mind is bursting with ideas...and all I want to do is sew! It's also quite chilly here this morning and all I can think of is wool this and wool that! *LOL*
Finally a parting shot:
I've been giving away or throwing out shoes from the last five years. Some because they've just worn out, some because I'm not in love with the style anymore and some because menopause has affected even my feet...they are a little wider these days. So these AK Ann Klein's were purchased in two colors - black and raspberry - expect to see them paired with more outfits because I lurve them!
...as always, more later!