Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring is coming...

Yes, the spring bug has finally bitten me! As much as I want to sew more winter things, my heart isn't in it. And once again my thoughts are turning to a spring coat...who knows if I'll actually make one. I seem to come up with a million reasons why I can't take the time and sew one...but I would love to use this new pattern from Vogue... 


Vogue 8884

...to make a spring topper from a black heavyweight ponte knit from the collection:



I have everything too - fabric, lining, buttons so I really should get on that!  We'll see!

Now that I have the sewing cave there is no changing over of the fabric, but I will be moving some pieces around and changing up what I'm going to make.  Oddly enough, I don't have a list yet. I just know that it's time to sew spring ~ the birds are singing in the mornings when I leave and it's light still when I'm headed home. Spring is coming and I need to get ready!  Besides, I have plenty of fall/winter gear to wear until it gets warmer.

On another note, I got a new boss at work this week so I won't be going on a big vacation this year.  I knew about the change earlier in the year which was part of the reason that I took so many vacation days in January and February.  It will just make work easier if I'm around.  



So since I have no vacation plans, I bought concert tickets to the Justin Timberlake/JayZ "Legends of the Summer" tour for me, my daughter and her friend.  I haven't been to a concert in years people so I'm kinda excited to see this one!  I listened to the new CD all last weekend (it was streaming free on iTunes) while working on "The Lace Dress" and downloaded it first thing Tuesday morning!  Geeky I know but I love that little 'Nsync boy!  *LOL*  So expect to hear more about this as it gets closer to the date! 

I've also developed an obsession with Roksanda Ilincic's designs.  I love, love, love her Spring 2013 line and even though I made some basics awhile back instead of interpreting a dress that was burning a hole in my brain ~ expect to see interpretations of several of her dresses come from my sewing machine this spring/summer season.


The original inspiration

Love this cardi with the color blocked band

Love the unusual piecing on this one
with the pop of orange!

Aren't the cuffs awesome?

Well those are my ramblings for today...

...as always more later!





15 comments:

  1. Sorry you don't get a vacation - at least a big one. I do hope the new boss works out. Have fun at your class tomorrow - I'll be vicariously attending. g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we are in for a bright and cheery spring (when it arrives!)

    I look forward to seeing your interpretations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new boss. It is snowing heavily in England and I am making a floral summer shirt. I packed away all the woollen fabrics yesterday, summer sewing only from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about the vacay, but it sounds like you have a good plan for enjoying life anyway.
    I also have this pattern and am confounded by what sort of fabric to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those are some really great looks! There's a few I'm tempted to try too! Sorry about the vacay and good luck with the new boss! I may be experiencing the same thing soon & pray It's a good change too because I happened to love my current boss! What a great idea for a distraction....a concert sounds so fun! Enjoy yourself and can't wait to see your spring collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the new boss, I hope he appreciates you! The fashions you showcased are fabulous, can't wait to see how you interpret them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that Vogue pattern and plans for it soon. I just love the lines and the look. Can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your spring topper is going to be gorgeous. Have fun at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  9. C: I find it hilarious that you like JT! And your description of him as the little n'sync boy is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I certainly can see you in some of the color blocked pieces; I love what she did with shades of orange and white textures. I can't wait to see your take on this designer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Roksanda Ilincic line, too. Genius working there! ~ MB

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Justin T. Haven't heard this new release for some reason. Love the Rosanka I....garments, especially that first dress! Have a great sewing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a beautiful coat - double breasted seem to be around at the moment (gorgeous) and the ponte is a nice weight for warmer days. Glad you at least have some time for sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Spring topper. I made one last year and I wore it so much.
    Good luck with the new boss!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Intersting....I was randomly looking at the Spring 2013 RTW shows on style.com. I can across Roksanda Ilincic show and loved her color block designs. There are a couple I really like and will use as inspiration. Happy sewing and I hope all will go well with your new boss.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails