Here is my version of the dress...
The original dress cost $2,990.00. The materials for mine cost approximately $350. This wasn't the cheapest designer interpretation I've made but I think it was worth every penny!
The components ~
TNT dress pattern
2 yards of lightweight wool tweed from Mood
2 yards of guipure lace from Mood
2.5 yards of silk charmeuse from Mood
beige silk organza
22" peach invisible zipper
ltwt. fusible interfacing
1 1/2 yards of lace for lining hem
rayon seam binding
All of the construction details can be found in these posts. As I stated previously, this was a very involved sew and actually involved more hand sewing than machine sewing. However, the journey was worth it. I've cut out all of the pieces for the jacket that I want to wear with this dress on Easter Sunday. It will be the perfect compliment to the dress so expect to read more about the jacket's construction.
A few more pics...
Dress with belt - wanted to see if it would work for me!
...mmmmm, no! *LOL*
At one point during the picture taking we were getting junk...just couldn't get the lace to play well...so we took some up close pictures of different portions of the dress. Here I am in pieces - bodice first, middle of the dress (notice I don't say waistline - hahahaha!) and the skirt and hemline of the dress.
...and a back shot...
For a closing shot, here is picture of the purse and shoes that I will wear with the Easter combo...haven't decided if I will wear a hat or not...
...as always more later!