Oliva/Kerry's top is from Dolce & Gabbana and it's selling for $1,775 on Net-A-Porter...
It looks similar to the black tunic top I made earlier this year...
I already own fabric purchased from Elliott Berman that resembles the Dolce & Gabbana fabric. There is only one yard of the black/white lace print left on the site but plenty of the green/black printed lace combination.
My thought was ~ Olivia Inspiration + Top from TNT pattern + Milly Fabric = Quick and Easy top that I could wear to work on Monday. Well not so fast. I made a few miscalculations. I put a 9" zipper in the back of the top - WRONG! With the long sleeves the top is hard to get on and off, and I can't zip it up without assistance. So the zipper needs to come out and a longer one put in...I'm presently ripping the back apart.
I underlined this version instead of lining it.
Also the pattern pieces were cut on the cross grain to take advantage of the border print.
So I didn't have a finished garment this weekend. I guess it's okay since I only spent Sunday in the sewing cave but I was disappointed because it really should have been a simple sew. There was just too much operator error. Those challenges along with the fact that the sleeves have to come out of the Vogue 8343 dress means that I haven't completed anything since February...*sigh*
I have no plans for next weekend so maybe I will be more productive...at least I hope so!
A few shots of the top on Lulu...
...as always more later!