Thursday, January 21, 2010

An Update on Vogue 8623

As you can probably tell by the lack of posts...I did not sew this weekend!  Shortly after watching the Golden Globes, I started to feel ill...and continued to feel that way until yesterday afternoon.  Because of that, today was my first day back at work.  So there has been very little progress on the Vogue 8623 jacket.

However, I did get the collar basted on...and did one more try-on to make sure that I didn't imagine the fact that this pattern was sewn straight from the envelope without one...yes I said not one adjustment to the pattern and it FITS!

So here is how it looks on the hanger now with the collar basted on:



And here it is auditioning the buttons that Elizabeth, Jack and I purchased from M&J last Saturday!



There is still quite a bit of work left to get it ready to face the world...the lining is in pieces on the table...and just go from there with a finishing list, but I am encouraged and hopefully will be working on the jacket this weekend.

Just want to let the winners of the blogaversary gifts know that your prizes haven't gone out yet...due to illness...but I will try to get them out shortly!  Thanks for sending your addresses to me so quickly!

...more later!

30 comments:

  1. Looks great so far, and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looking really good, Caroline. I sure hope you feel back to your old fighting form soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacket looks fabulous as always - I hope you are feeling fabulous again soon too! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I really like that pattern. I do hope that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn.So sorry to hear you've been under the weather!I hope you will be completely better by the weekend so you can sew.
    I'm very interested in this jacket. I love it so far and can't wait to see it on you.
    My daughter has picked this as one of the things she'd like me to make for her but she is only 5'3" and I'm wondering if it might be too boxy for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely as usual.... Hope you are feeling better...take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Caroline,

    I hope that you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good, can't wait to see it on you! Get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are back to feeling normal soon. I, too, have been out all week. Doc said I was special 'cause it wasn't the flu; it was pneumonia.

    Isn't it great when things just work!!!!! The coat looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are Jack's favorite buttons! They look great on the jacket. Good eye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it so far and hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's going to be a terrific jacket. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you're on the mend! Can't wait to see the finished jacket, it looks terrific already!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad that you are getting better. It is rough when you are too sick to sew and have a project calling your name. Your jacket is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a wonderful jacket. I had to have the pattern after I saw it on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear your feeling better... but please don't push it! Too many are going back to work too soon and getting even sicker! Take care! The texture of the jacket (or at least the look of the texture) is great! Can't wait til it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's really looking good Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful workwomanship as always, Carolyn. So glad to read that you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really love that fabric! It suits the jacket perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice! I'm not sure I've ever had anything fit out of the package.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm happy you are feeling better.

    This jacket looks awesome so far!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry you're not feeling so good but I bet that gorgeous jacket is putting a smile on your face. Get well soon and get it finished because it's going to be a real winner!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Be kind to yourself. Ask me how I know??? Jacket's gorgeous.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  25. The jacket is looking good - great buttons for it. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sorry you weren't feeling well. The jacket is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your jacket is looking really good. Hope your weekend is better than your week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Boo on being sick! I love your jacket, though. It is just gorgeous...very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice jacket. It will look lovely over dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I sewed this one when it first came out...was not happy with it. But I'm thinking now it might be due to my fabric choice as yours is turning out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails