Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I've Been Dreaming...

Even though Christmas sewing is up next, I've been dreaming of what I want to sew after that.  And believe it or not, it's not fancy outfits that I want to make but regular work pieces.  I want a few new skirts, a vest/pants combo and to finish off the dress I was working on prior to the Christening Outfit (CO).


But what I want to make more than anything is a felted wool jersey jacket.  In the midst of working on the CO, I bought a few yards of a lilac wool jersey.  So I set about felting the fabric and this is the result:




I want to use this pattern for the jacket:


Butterick 6002 - is an out-of-print pattern from 1999.  


This pattern has been in my collection for a long time and lately I've been dreaming of this jacket.  So I'm definitely making my own version and soon.  


Gray is a hot color for Fall 2011...and I've wanted some gray pieces (straight skirt, a pair of pants & a dress) with a lilac topper...for a while now.  The choice is whether or not to paw through bins looking for a gray piece of fabric or to just buy another piece.  I'm sure you know which way I'm leaning...*LOL*


Anyway, as soon as the scarves are done, the lilac jacket will be my next project...and I'll let you know if I succumbed and bought more fabric...


...as always, more later!



11 comments:

  1. Oooh, I think that will be a fabulous jacket in fulled wool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need some gray pints knit. I know I do. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love lilac & grey. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you buy wool jersey? Preferably on line, with international delivery...

    /Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lilac and grey together. So chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That color combo will be nice. To think about it mmmmm I could use lavender in my wardrobe. The last lavender top I made was with stretch taffeta... the top had a cross-over bodice which required pinning to keep from flashing people. However, by the end of the day.. it was a hotmess... for everytime I removed that pin and repinned the blouse close.... the poor top had pin pricks and pulled thread galore...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the simple and elegant lines on the pattern. Lilac over grey will be stunning, add a scarf and away you go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, lilac and gray will be lovely! Softer than purple and black, frosty for winter and flowery for spring. You'll enjoy sewing up this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely color, and combining it with gray will be spot on. Shams turned me on to your blog, and I'm enjoying reading it. Great to see another plus size sister sewing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look forward to hearing of your adventures with felted wool. I've done a couple of things in felted wool and enjoyed them a lot.

    Thanks for the heads-up about gray as a new in color. It seems I have quite a bit of gray in my internal resource center.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails