plus a great piece of fabric from Fashionista Fabrics:
plus TNT dress pattern = New finished dress:
It was a hot, hot, hot day here on the East Coast...and I don't do hot so I stayed inside today in the air conditioning and sewed.
This dress has been running around in my head for awhile now and today was the perfect time to turn it from flat fold fabric into something that can be worn to work.
TNT dress pattern without sleeves
Paisley silk twill from Fashionista Fabrics
22" zipper, lining fabric & a couple of yards of lace
There is nothing new and/or exciting about this dress. The fabric is the main component and boy is it speaking loudly. I originally purchased this fabric to do a Tory Burch knock-off tunic but after seeing the vintage pattern's design I used it for a dress.
The silk is lightweight and I added a few touches to make it mine. A little flat binding/piping at the neckline:
Lace added to the lining so that it seems more like a slip than a lining:
The jacket is my Butterick 4980 wearable muslin - made last year from a linen jacquard tablecloth and working perfectly with the optical illusion that is my dress this year:
Even though the dress has a very big and vivid print, I like it! I only used two of the four yards that I bought from Melodye so I probably can get the tunic out of the remaining fabric.
BTW, I did finish one more SW Mission Tank to go with an existing skirt but I will show that to you tomorrow. Hope you had a productive sewing weekend too!
And go Celtics!!!