Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Cacaphony of Thoughts...

These are things that have been floating through my mind during this weekend...

  • My sewing list has lost it's appeal ~ so I had no desire to sew from it.
  • Why does a fabric purchase make everything okay?
  • Bought some patterns and pleather trim from the 30% off sitewide sale at Simplicity...
  • President's Day Sale 30% OFF
  • Thanks to Kirsten from Simplicity who responded to my irate email so quickly! GREAT customer service deserves to be recognized!
  • Why does an email from an online fabric store with the word "SALE" in it makes my heart beat faster and have me searching for my credit card?
  • I posted this to Instragram earlier in the five day weekend with this tag, "This view always makes me happy when I hit the sewing cave!"  It's just sooo true!
  • Watched the grandbabies last night instead of sewing. Whew I'm getting old because they wore me out!  When their mother picked them up this morning, I went back to bed for five hours...
  • I cleaned my sewing cave and watched TV for the majority of my time off...yeah, you know I had no desire to sew if I was cleaning the cave!
  • I added up the yards of fabric that I've sewn in January and February - 20.25 yards and even though it's impressive, I've probably added just as many yards to the collection...*sigh*
  • Do you sometimes skip the pretreating phase?  I almost did with this wool crepe but knew the consequences so I pretreated it anyway.
  • Still don't have my new DVD player hooked up and I'm missing it terribly!  Could that also be a contributing factor to my missing sewing mojo?
  • Bought two new sewing books...
  • The Couture Sewing one based upon Marina from Frabjous Couture recommendation because I so appreciate her talent!

Well as you can see from the pic above, the fabric is out of the dryer so it's time to press it and get it to the cutting table while my idea and the desire to sew it is still hot!

...as always more later!




15 comments:

  1. I love your fabric collection, don't feel so bad about mine after seeing yours. Dryer???? how do you pre-treat your wool crepe????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on Simplicity--I've fallen off their mailing list. And yes, how do you pretreat wool crepe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful treasures! And I so relate to loving bit being worn out by my grandchildren. Rest up to sew another day!

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of you all day and I cut (single layer), sewed, serged raw edges, and pressed (with steam and a press cloth) my red wool. I'm ready to put the zipper in then I have to make a lining.

    I can't wait to see what your wool crepe grows up to be. Thank you for the inspiration and encouragement. g

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always an inspiration! Thanks for posting the Simplicity sale. For some reason, I didn't get that e-mail. Hmmmm....

    Please let us all know about your pre-treating techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fabric collection also. I do not always pre-treat my fabrics and I haven't had any troubles yet. Get some rest. Grandchildren are wonderful, but isn't it nice when mom and dad pick them up' lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I lose my mojo once in a while. And buying new fabric and patterns always helps :-) Love your stash in the cave...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need some bookcases to display my fabric. Right now, they reside in plastic tubs and two cedar chests, which is fine and out of the way, but it is a bear when I want to find a certain fabric, you know? Your grand children are adorable. I will never have grand kids so I am always a bit envious of other people's little ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have also learned that pretreating my fabric is so worth it. Purchased fabric yesterday that I need to wash. After fabric shopping. spent time with wee ones & family and must say by 9:00pm I was exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you write a review for the couture book, I just got an email from amazon and I went over to check it out, the reviews left me wondering if its worth getting. If you say its good I'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't decide which picture I like seeing better- your grandbabies or your fabric stash. The grandbabies are cute, but that stash is amazing! My stash makes me happy, too, whether I like to admit it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder if Simplicity will ship to the uk, I'll check it out.
    Cute grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep those grandkids of ours do have a way of taking our last bit of energy don't they?! But we love them just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  14. To me, new fabric holds so much possibility - kind of like a blank notebook at the start of a school year. That's why it's so much fun for me to buy something.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have you ever listened to audio books in place of the DVD. I find them to be a great company keeper when I'm working on a project and I don't have to keep looking up to see what's happening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails