Victoria, who authors the blog, Ten Thousand Hours of Sewing, nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger award. She said some really nice things about me and even though I no longer believe in passing on blogger awards, I thought I would share ten things about me anyway...
So here goes:
1. I am AFRAID of snakes...deathly afraid! When I was a small girl we use to go to my grandparent's farm in South Carolina and there were always snakes. My grandmother would pull on her rubber boots, grab her hoe and stride out into the yard and chop the snakes head off...can we say nightmares...which leads me to item #2.
2. I use to sleepwalk until I got to college. I would sleepwalk after every snake killing incident and once in high school my Dad caught me trying to walk out of the house whilst sleeping.
3. My mom paid me to read the dictionary when I was around 10/11 years old. I read the thing from beginning to end and earned $100. She also offered me money to read the encyclopedia from A to Z but I only made it to the C volume. I think one of the reasons that I spell so well is that early foundation from reading the dictionary.
4. I don't have a favorite color. I'm attracted to bright, strong jewel toned colors but I don't have a favorite.
5. I can't jump double dutch...never could. Just couldn't get the hang of jumping in between the ropes.
6. I LOVE television and can sing the theme song to almost any show that was on television while I was a child. I don't understand people who think television is evil or a time waste. Do you know the things you can learn while watching TV? What experiences you can share? How much fun it is to laugh at something totally stupid? Yeah, I love TV and now is my time of the year - new episodes! I'm happy as a pig in slop! *LOL*
7. I'm a indoors kinda girl. Seriously, I like warm weather ONLY because the days are longer and the sun shines more...but I don't necessarily want to be out in it. Give me some air conditioning and my a-p-t anyday! And don't get me started on the cold and the snow...hate, hate, hate the snow!
8. I have three daughters but I always wanted 4! What is wrong with me? Raising those three dayum near killed me! *LOL*
9. I look like my mother...which encourages me because my Mom looks fabulous and she's 71!
10. I bought fabric today...yeap...8 yards of double knit from Kashi at Metro Textiles. See I can't even keep a fabric pledge for more than a week! *LOL*
Please feel free to share ten things about yourself on your blog...I won't call out any names...but I sure would love to know 10 things about you that you haven't shared before. Just link back here so that I will know that you did it, okay?
On the sewing front...I will finish the Simplicity Jacket this weekend along with either my TNT dress or the B5147 dress in the embroidered tropical weight plaid.
Some of the double knit that I just purchased will be used to make a Maia Jacket as part of the Memorial Sew that is being discussed on Stitchers Guild. I'm using a strong royal navy blue...something that passes the bright test but will actually be work appropriate. Now that I've bought fabric (and no I didn't have anything in my collection to use!) I'm thinking through how to make this jacket fit so I'm sure there will be lots more about this later.
One of the things I love about commuting especially when the weather is nice is seeing what other women are wearing. The other day I saw this woman wearing a glen plaid dress with black topstitching that looked exactly like the dress in the Simplicity 2958 pattern. And I realized that I've only thought about that dress as a spring/summer garment when it will make an excellent fall dress. During the great fabric changeover, I found (don't laugh) a glen plaid with a yellow plaid in it that would work great for this pattern, so I think that will be my next garment when these are finished.
Well that's it for tonight...more later!