Friday, March 04, 2011

I have an idea...yes I do!

So Monday was Fashion Day on QVC.  I had planned on watching quite a few hours of it but with all the things I needed to accomplish on Monday (a day off from work ~ woo hoo!) I totally forgot about Fashion Day until 7pm.  Of course, I turned the television on and this sweater like bolero caught my eye.


The idea started twisting around in my mind...and I started to wonder if the bolero made from the wool lace would work over The Versace Inspired Dress.  See the dress is sleeveless and just not working (at least in my mind's eye) with the white cardigan:


Then I remembered this pattern:


And before I knew it, I had the perfect tsumani of creativity...navy blue wool lace + pattern + plus inspiration photo equals a jacket to go over the dress.  This is what I will be working on this weekend.  I NEED to get this project finished so that I can move on.  I have a list of garments that are begging to be constructed and I feel obligated to make it so! *LOL*

...more later!

13 comments:

  1. Great inspiration! Sewing is such a lot fun when creativity like this strikes and drives you on. I think that the proportions of this bolero style will work really well with your 'Versace' dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- that bolero shape could look really sweet in a dark fabric over the dress. :-) The white cardigan was OK, but it hid too much of the nice detailing on the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea! I love that pattern, it will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, Carolyn. The bolero shape will show the details of your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect!!! The shape of the bolero will still show off the details in the dress, where the white cardigan hid so much of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bolero is a wonderful idea. It will certainly let more of the dress show, and you didn't go to all that trouble designing, just to cover it up with a big cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the feeling about the garments begging to be made... The bolero looks like a great topper for the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope to someday be struck by a "tsunami of creativity", too! LOL I can't wait to see how your bolero comes out. What a chic suit it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree a bolero could work very nicely with your dress. It's a nice change from longer cardigans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bolero is a good idea, as are the upcoming pictures of the project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made a bolaro similar to that out of brown wool and love it! I am sure yours will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently discovered your blog and LOVE it. Your taste is great and your skills are very impressive! I think the bolero idea is terrific and it will really show off the lace panel on your dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails