Saturday, March 05, 2011

Vogue 7617 - Pattern Alterations

I fell in love with this pattern last summer.  And I included it in the pattern listing for The Pinstripe Follies.  So some time between last summer and fall, I made the alterations to the pattern pieces.  I wanted my bolero to be a little longer to go over any of the dresses or skirts from the collection.  So I lengthened my pieces and evened out the edges.  Then I folded them back into the pattern folder where they sat waiting to be used.

The front piece



The back piece



and the front facing



Next up is cutting out the fabric and seeing if this idea will really work.

...more later!

4 comments:

  1. I have that pattern and I love that bolero. One of my favorite outfits I made in college had a bolero of brown tweed with matching skirt and pants. Can't wait to see how yours turns out. I might be inspired to get out my pattern. I love keeping up with all your projects. Thanks so much for taking the time to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the new issue of Threads? There's an article that discusses making style changes with a TNT pattern. You could have written it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, looks like a nice - and not to complicated - pattern. I love the chic things that don't come in a zillion pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you show the alterations you make...I always come away filled with ideas and ready to slice and dice in the sewing room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails