Here is the bolero jacket (V7617) and the Versace Inspired Dress together:
This is the jacket alone on Lulu:
Wool Lace Knit from Elliott Berman
Bias binding made from the navy tropical wool used in the Versace Inspired Dress
Some construction notes:
I added a back seam to the bolero...
After rereading Nancy K's comment in my initial post about this bolero, I decided that the jacket did need a dart so I added one...
The bolero is unlined and I used black silk organza instead of fusible interfacing in the collar and bolero front as the pattern instructions suggest. I cut the shoulder seams down by 1". And I added to the bicep width of the sleeves by adding an inch to either side of the sleeve. Yes, this did increase the amount of the sleeve cap but since I had increased the amount of the armhole opening it worked.
That's it! This was a very easy sew. The most difficult part was making all of the bias binding from the tropical wool. Lots of steam and a very liberal use of the clapper insured that I got all of the bias binding I needed. There were also a lot of pins used to apply it to the jacket before it was machine stitched to the jacket.
I love the way these two pieces work together. I will be able to wear it drama style (hat and flower) to church on Sunday and with pearls to work.
So now that this project is F-I-N-A-L-L-Y done! I want to finish up the skirt and cardigan that have been laying on the cutting table patiently waiting to be completed...
My youngest daughter is now taking my pictures and she always makes me laugh by her comments or posing suggestions...so here is an outtake photo.
...as always, more later!