Thursday, September 29, 2011

Just a quick note...

In today's NYTimes Thursday Styles section, there is an article "Fashion Forward?  Check!" that review's this seasons designers love affair with houndstooth.  You can read the short clip, here.  It also features a picture of one of the Ferragamo dresses that I just adore from the Fall 2011 line!




There's also a review from the On the Runway Blog written by Cathy Horyn about the Dries van Noten Spring 2012 fashion show.  I know this is getting a little ahead for us sewing fashionistas who are heading into fall, but it was an interesting read.

Okay, I'm out!  Gotta do that day job that allows me to pay for my sewing passion and fabric addiction!  *LOL*

...btw, I finished my houndstooth inspired dress...so I'll have pics soon.

...as always, more later!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! "Fashion Forward" has been a hot topic lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I always love your interpretations of style and how you put it together, I dislike the dress on Gwyneth. It looks like fabric is all wrong for the dress. I can't wait to see some of these things presented in "Carolyn's Style". You produce well-fitting works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress too! Even want to sew a version of it myself, but Lady Gaga is causing me to rethink sewing it; She is too much! Check it out here: http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2011/08/lady-gaga-in-salvatore-ferragamo.html

    Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails